Dr. Andy Stott, Dean of Undergraduate Education, is pleased to announce the establishment of twelve (12) scholarships designed to allow *eligible undergraduate researchers, from across the University at Buffalo, to attend the 2014 National University at Buffalo Undergraduate Research Conference on Friday, July 25, 2014 at the Conference Center – Niagara Falls (CCNF).
Interested undergraduate students who are actively engaged in faculty-supervised research and creative activities are encouraged to apply for this funding. Students who are interested must submit:
1) The title of their research/creative study
2) The name and department of their faculty mentor, and
3) An abstract no more than 100 words in length
Those chosen for this award will have their Conference registration paid, in full for Friday – July 25, 2014. On this day, each awardee will experience a professional conference that includes:
1) Transportation to and from the CCNF
2) Attending keynote addresses and meals
3) Networking with other student researchers from across the country
4) Attending a Graduate School Recruitment Fair
5) Conducting a 15-minute presentation (Prezi or PowerPoint) of your research/creative activity, to an audience of your peers, followed by a brief 5-minute question and answer session.
Submissions are due by: June 23, 2014 and must be completed by accessing the following link: http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/8727g55e61
Note: Please be sure to have the approval of your faculty mentor, prior to submitting your research title and abstract.