With orientations taking place around campus, we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share some of the resources and services available to you as a UB student. Here is our top ten list of “must knows” about the UB Libraries:
10. Our Libraries have extended hours: http://library.buffalo.edu/hours/
9. Each major has a librarian who can help you with your information needs: http://library.buffalo.edu/askalibrarian/inperson/bysubject.html
8. You can get instant answers from REAL people by using our 24/7 chat: http://library.buffalo.edu/askalibrarian/chat/instant.html
7. The Libraries have an online guide and videos designed to help you understand basic research skills: http://library.buffalo.edu/help/research-tips/
6. There are many different study spaces in the UB Libraries, both group and silent – find out which ones are best for you: http://library.buffalo.edu/helpAZ/study_space.html.
5. You can use your print quota from your laptop: http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/service-guides/printing/printing-from-your-computer.html
4. The Silverman Library in Capen Hall is open 24/7 during Fall and Spring semesters.
3. You can have journal articles and book chapters delivered electronically, and library books made available for pick-up at the UB library of your choice using Delivery+: http://library.buffalo.edu/delivery/
2. Undergraduate students are required to complete the Library Skills Workbook during their first year at UB: http://library.buffalo.edu/workbook/
1. The UB Libraries are the go-to places to find sources for your research paper or project: http://library.buffalo.edu