Journal Abbreviations: Guide to Determining Titles
Guide to Determining Titles
- Periodical Title Abbreviations, Gale Research Co., 2 vols., 17th ed. (2007)
Includes science, engineering, and many other fields.
Lockwood Library/ Science & Engineering Reference Z6945 A2 W34
Lockwood Library/ Reference Desk Z6945 A2 W34
Lockwood Library/ Book Collection Z6945 A2 W34 LIBRARIES ANNEX /General Collection Z6945 A2 W34
- Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI), Chemical Abstracts Service.
Includes chemistry journal titles and conference proceedings.
Also on CD-ROM in Lockwood Reference area, and Online
Lockwood Library/ Science & Engineering Reference Z5523 C436 (not received after 2009)
- Acronyms, Initialisms & Abbreviations Dictionary, Gale Research Company.
Includes journal abbreviations.
Lockwood Library/ Reference Desk PE 1693 A27
Lockwood Library/ Book Collection PE 1693 A27
Law Library/ Reference Desk PE 1693 A27
Health Sciences Library/ Book Collection PE 1693 A179
- INSPEC List of Journals and other Serial Sources, Institution of Electrical Engineers.
Includes engineering and physics journal titles.
Lockwood Library/ Book Collection Z7143 L57
- Abbreviations of Names of Serials Reviewed in Mathematical Reviews, American Mathematical Society,
Lockwood Library/ Science & Engineering Reference QA1 M762 LIBRARIES ANNEX QA1 M762
- World List of Scientific Periodicals Published in the Years 1900-1960, Peter Brown and George Burder Stratton, 4th ed., 3 vols., 1963.
Lockwood Library/ Science & Engineering Reference Z7403 W92 1963
Lockwood Library/ Book Collection Z7403 W92 1963
Health Sciences Library Book Collection /Z7403 W92
- All That JAS (Journal Abbreviation Sources) This page lists or provides access to the full title of journal abbreviations. A large variety of disciplines, arranged by subject. The quality and coverage is not consistent.
- Web of Science - List of journals indexed by Thomson Reuters, searchable by title word.
- University of Waterloo - Links to Web sources listing journals titles, mostly in the sciences.
- Medical Journals referenced in NCBI databases are searchable by abbreviation. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nlmcatalog/journals
- Chemistry - List contains the abbreviated and complete title, for the core journals (not the full list) covered in the Chemical Abstract Services. It is sorted alphabetically by the full title of the publication.
- Science and Engineering (UBC) - List of journal abbreviations. http://woodward.library.ubc.ca/research-help/journal-abbreviations/
Please note : The above listing is not exhaustive. There are other reference works that may be of use to you.