Library of American Civilization (Microform Collection)
This collection contains material relating to all aspects of American life, from the country's earliest days to the start of World War I. The majority of items were published before 1914. The collection contains many rare and out of print books and and material of foreign origin relating to America. The types of publications include:
- public and private documents
- fiction and non-fiction
- collected works and papers
Library of American Civilization is available on Microcard at call number MicCard E169.1 .L4 . (This format is high reduction microfiche. Use the high magnification lens when viewing/printing the fiche.) Check the library catalog for location.
Individual titles are available in the library catalog.
Additional access is available through: (Check the catalog for location information.)
- The Microbook Library of American Civilization: Author Catalog . Z1236 .L52
- The Microbook Library of American Civilization: Subject Catalog . Z1236 .L54
- The Microbook Library of American Civilization: Title Catalog . Z1236 .L53
- The Microbook Library of American Civilization: Biblioguide Index . Z1236 .L55
Every document in the Library of American Civilization is indexed under one or more of the 565 subject headings. References to parts of books are cited by specific volumes, chapters, or pages.
Many titles in this collection are available online through various sources. See: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/academics/arnold-bernhard-library/resources/e-texts/the-library-of-american-civilization/ .