Economic Statistics - Quick Facts
Consult the following sources for quick facts related to economic statistics. For more detailed information, visit the additional library subject guides to Economics Statistics.
- Economic Indicators (U.S. Census Bureau)
Links to current and historical press releases about economic indicators. Topics cover manufacturing, construction and housing, retail and wholesale trades, service industries, and foreign trade.
- Economic Policy Institute: Data Zone (Economic Policy Institute (EPI))
Presents national and state historical statistics on the labor market, employment, and earnings.
- Federal Reserve Board Statistical Releases
This site has the daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly releases for a number of monetary indicators. Includes exchange rates, interest rates, and money stock.
- FedStats (Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy)
Although it has not been updated since 2007, FedStats still links to federal government agencies which produce statistics, and the A-Z subject list is works reasonably well. The FedStats search engine is poor.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (U.S. Census Bureau)
BusDoc Ref Desk HA 202 (current edition; also available at APL, Lockwood and UGL-SEL Ref Desk)
BusDoc Ref HA 202 (1947-previous edition)
Lockwood Documents US C 3.134 (1957-previous edition)
This annual Census Bureau publication is often the best starting place for statistical data. Tables cover all aspects of American social, political, and economic life. The Census Bureau discontinued its publication with the 2012 edition
- Statistical Information Resources (State University at Buffalo. Arts and Sciences Libraries)
http://library.buffalo.edu/asl/guides/busdoc/statistics_sources.html An overview of statistical resources available in the University Libraries, both print and electronic.
- Universal Currency Converter (XE)