Booking Multimedia Materials through the Libraries' Catalog
Faculty and staff at the University of Buffalo can use the booking feature of the UB Libraries Catalog to reserve materials in the Silverman Multimedia Center and Health Sciences Media Resources Center. Materials can be booked as far in advance as needed, and the maximum loan period is 10 days.
To use the booking feature, please follow these steps:
- Access the Library Catalog and perform search.
- Display search results and click on the item of interest.
- Click on the Booking Request link near the top of the record.
- At the left of the next screen, click on the Booking Request button.
- Enter your UBIT name and password to Log in.
- The availability grid will indicate when the title is available for booking.
- Enter the dates and times you would like to pick up and return the item, and select the library service point where you would like to pick it up, or select to have it delivered to your department.
- Hit the Go button and look for the confirmation note in red.
- NOTE: You will not receive any further notification of your booking date. Simply come to pick up the item at your designated location (or watch for it in your office mail) during the time you indicated.
- Booking service is only available for faculty and staff at UB.
- Items may not be booked or loaned for more than ten days.
- Items will be booked beginning three days prior to requested date to insure that item is available at the time needed.
- Items may not be renewed without first consulting with the staff at the Silverman Multimedia Center at (716) 645-1328.
To see a list of items booked to your account, please follow these steps:
- Access your library account information at My LibraryCard
- Click on Booking Requests
- A list of booked items will display. (You can also delete a booking from this screen.)
Questions about this service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.